Air Frying Parmesan Crusted Rainbow Trout

 Today I am sharing with you how I hand breaded some "mystery fish" I found in our freezer!  My son loves to go fishing at local ponds, and takes a yearly trip to Arkansas to fish on the river. He is usually the one to do the fish baking, but I had the hankering to try and make some Parmesan breading to roll this , apparently, Rainbow Trout in!  And it turned out pretty darn good!



You can watch a video HERE! >>>


First I gathered all the ingredients... 


And the equipment needed, I used and Air Fryer, but this can also be done in the oven!


Battering dishes, and fork, tongs, etc.


At the time I really had NO clue what kind of fish I was working with. Not until the editing process did I get a chance to visit with my son and find out that it is actually Rainbow Trout!


For the dry breading I grabbed some Panko Crumbs (not pictured but later added were some plain bread crumbs). Parsley, Salt and Pepper, and the remaining of a package of Parmesean Cheese.  You can add whatever herbs and seasonings that you like! Ohh, Dill and Garlic are a fave of mine... maybe Paprika would be a nice touch?  Or if you don't have shredded cheese, use the powered kind... no real rules here friends!


For the Wet ingredients I kept it super simple, milk and eggs... seasoned with salt and pepper.


Pat the fish dry and place in a clean bowl


Mix the dry ingredients all in one bowl... using measurements that work with the amount of fish you have.  Not exact science, you just can mix and pour with your heart's delight.  Don't make enough... don't fret... you can make more!

Mix the wet ingredients in it's own bowl.  Start with 2-3 chicken (or 1 large goose egg like me) and add a splash of milk, salt and pepper to your preferences!


Set up your battering station!


First Dip the fish into the wet mixture...



Then the dry mixture and coat it really well on both sides!


Air fry for 10 minutes at 400* turning trays 1/2 way through.
Optionally flip fish and air fry another 3 minutes!


Serve and enjoy!