Playing around with the Pasta maker!


So, how many of you just LOVE pasta?  Yup....most of us do!  I mean....carb loaded energy infused deliciousness ....who wouldn't?  Here awhile back we got a "warm spell".  Well, for winter that is, lol!  And my darling ducks thought hey....I'm happy and I'm going to lay eggs!  I was getting several a day, and they started accumulating!  What a better thing to do than to make some super yummy homeade pasta!  One day...what seems forever ago, I had gotten this cool Kitchen aid attachment used on a local for sale site!  I had used it before, but never really took time to play with all the different settings!  I got online and read a simple egg, pasta, and water recipe recomended by the company.  I did however find that I had to adjust the water because duck eggs are different than chicken eggs in that the album (white part) is much thicker.  I then rolled the dough into walnut sized pieces and went to town playing with my "new to me" attachment!  










Isn't this just the coolest thing ever?  Look all that beautiful home made pasta!  This particular model makes 5 different styles of pasta!  I mean....wowow!  I love how pretty it looks drying on the counter!     I had the best luck with the large macaroni extruder!  I'll keep practicing on the others!  Depending on how fast you have the mixer going, and how quickly you can lay the pasta down before cutting again really makes a huge difference on the look and quality of the end product.  Needless to say ... my family gobbled them all up!  And to think I did that myself with my own eggs from my farm!  Pride people....it's a sense of true pride! 

What's your favorite Pasta recipe?  Do you have a Kitchen Aid?  Maybe one of those hand crank rollers?  Or do you use a fork and knife like granny used to?  Let us know in the comments below!
  

Here is where you can find the products I used:

 
(If you were to click on one of these links and purchase anything from Amazon, I may receive a small kickback that would be used to continue to explore, create and share content on this blog.)